Thoughts on a path

"If the path be beautiful, let us not ask where it leads." ~ Anatole France

thoughts on line

"i should never underestimate the power of line, straight or otherwise" ~ Barbara

For a Friend

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together" ~ Vincent van Gogh

Saturday, January 29, 2011

the butterfly and my machine


Since I have been working on my hand-stitched version ~ a few have asked for me to post the machine stitched butterfly that came along as a side and experimental piece.
So, this is all the same base fabrics and threads but has been free motioned with out reserve! It was a lot of fun to work on ~ so now more learning in free-motion work is ahead, I am sure.
Have a wonderful weekend and week ahead!

2 comments:

Tammie Lee said...

Barbara,
this is so lovely. The movement in the stitching and the colors are well, again, lovely! So glad you had fun making this.

Judys Fiber Art said...

I just finished a piece using colored pencil. Experimentation can lead to some great results. Like a fancy, blue butterfly. You just never know.