Thoughts on a path

"If the path be beautiful, let us not ask where it leads." ~ Anatole France

thoughts on line

"i should never underestimate the power of line, straight or otherwise" ~ Barbara

For a Friend

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together" ~ Vincent van Gogh

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Lilies 2 of 2 ~ in progress

a little closer detail



First, I hope that eveyone is in the middle of a lovely weekend.
Here is the second of the "lilies" set (still in progress) ~ shown with a little detail work.
I find that as I explore this medium more and more ~ that I am using my reference sketches less and less. More intuitively following the composition of the piece as it sits in front of me, letting the work dictate to me how I go from place to place.
This is watercolour on muslin, wool rovings and hand stitch

6 comments:

Shammickite said...

Just wondering, how big will the finished piece be?

Emma said...

Hello, welcome to my blog & thanks for joining me!

Your lillies series is lovely & your garden pics are gorgeous. I think my last rose of the year is almost over! There's always next year;)

Uta said...

Hi Barbara,
Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog. Nice to meet you. I am looking forward to getting to know you better when I get back from Melbourne

Heloise said...

Happy Birthday for the other day. I hope that you had a great day.
I like using the microwave for dying as you have a surprise each time you unwrap the bundle of fabric.
I like the the soft colours in Lily two.

Tammie Lee said...

I enjoy hearing how your relationship with your art is changing, becoming more intimate.

It is quite lovely and I enjoy the up close peaks at what you are creating.

I am off to explore new territory today, narrow dirt roads to places I have never been.

Wildflowerhouse said...

Lovely series and the colors are fantastic.