Thoughts on a path

"If the path be beautiful, let us not ask where it leads." ~ Anatole France

thoughts on line

"i should never underestimate the power of line, straight or otherwise" ~ Barbara

For a Friend

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together" ~ Vincent van Gogh

Friday, June 25, 2010

The moon is almost full tonight


As I post ... this is the view from my porch ... apparently it is more than 97% full tonight ~ but tomorrow night for us it may rain.
The moon is most magical to me ... I watch it sometimes until it disappears.
I love the humid, heavy summer moon and the massive, golden harvest moon that hangs in the autumn sky ~ the clear, light spring moon, that says to us we may still have frost ~ I can't say that I have a favorite ~ the icy winter moon is still and beautiful.

Have a wonderful weekend and I hope you get to see the full moon tomorrow night.


3 comments:

Diane said...

Beautiful shot!! have a great weekend!

Tammie Lee said...

such a lovely view you have! the moon in all its views is a treat~

Sharon said...

Wondrful photo! I peeked out at the moon last night on my way to bed. We finally had clear skies, and it was bright! I too love the moon in all its permutations.