Thoughts on a path

"If the path be beautiful, let us not ask where it leads." ~ Anatole France

thoughts on line

"i should never underestimate the power of line, straight or otherwise" ~ Barbara

For a Friend

"Great things are done by a series of small things brought together" ~ Vincent van Gogh

Monday, May 14, 2012

Secret Garden


Hello again and hoping that you have had a great weekend, I wanted to share this piece which has become my "secret garden" - I am not quite sure who lives in there but it looks warm and inviting! It may be hard to see all the stitching but it is heavily machine stitched to enhance the watercolours and wool rovings.



Some detail photos




This is watercolour on muslin, wool roving and threads!
About 18" x 18"

~ have a great week ~

7 comments:

Judy Ferguson said...

Wow, I love this look. Beautiful.

Els said...

A really lovely garden !

sallyrae said...

I absolutely love your work. It changes with each piece and there is such a sense of movement within it.

bois-fleurie said...

A lovely piece of work,my favourite colours.

Shammickite said...

How big will this piece be when it is finished?

Anonymous said...

Hello! It's nice to meet and follow you! I love to sew as well, it is one of my favourite things to do!

Ciao
SS

ana said...

beautiful details. i've never seen fibre art like this, you've introduced me to something totally new and wonderful. thank you!